The ATS Approach to Initial Assessment, Treatment, Training and Consultation
Achieving True Self is proud to serve the community at large. Our treatment services are data-driven and delivered through the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis - a practice supported by over five decades of scientific research. Our history and experience providing behavioral health treatment with a strong family systems approach proves effective in assessment and treatment of persons with autism and behavioral health diagnoses in creating sustainable change. Our team members focus on the transference of skills throughout all stages of treatment to support the ultimate independence of the individual served, their family, and their surrounding community.
ATS currently serves families in Maryland, Pennsylvania and West Virginia. The process for obtaining services is different between states (and sometimes even between counties) and between payers (i.e. the requirements of commercial insurance or Medicaid). We recognize that can be confusing and quite frustrating at times, and we are committed to streamlining and simplifying the process for your family.
Our Core Applied Behavior Analysis Services
Assessment Summary and Treatment Plan Development
- Meet with parents, guardians and/or caretakers to obtain full history and gain understanding of concerns
- Utilize assessment tools such as the Verbal Milestones Assessment and Placement Program (VBMAPP) or the Vineland-3 Adaptive Behavior Scale to complete a comprehensive Functional Behavior Assessment (FBA)
- Develop an individualized, respectful and culturally sensitive ABA Assessment Summary and Treatment Plan that considers strengths, needs, abilities and preferences across domains for the individual and their family members
Comprehensive ABA Treatment
- Implement 1:1 Comprehensive ABA Treatment to individual as defined within plan
- Target the development of new skills as identified by team and ongoing assessment
- Target the development of functional replacements for socially significant behaviors
- Provide family support, training, and guidance throughout treatment