Achieving True Self (ATS) is now offering Therapeutic Consultation (TC) to families across Virginia. The service we offer – behavioral consultation -- provides clinical assessments, a treatment plan, behavior reduction strategies, and the teaching of skills to assist family members, caregivers, and other service providers involved in the individual’s care. We provide telehealth throughout the state, and face-to-face support is currently in *Fairfax County (*and will be expanding in 2024). Waiver funding (Community Living, Family and Individual Supports) and Virginia Medicaid are accepted, but private insurance is not. You can make a referral today through our website or give us a call.
Therapeutic Consultation Involves:
• Interviewing the individual, family members, caregivers, and relevant others to identify issues to be addressed and desired outcomes
• Observing the individual in daily activities and natural environments, and assessing interventions, strategies, or devices being used (with modifying or adjusting the device as needed)
• Developing data collection mechanisms and collecting baseline data
• Designing a written therapeutic consultation plan detailing the interventions, environmental adaptations, and support strategies to address the identified issues and desired outcomes
• Training family members, caregivers, and other relevant persons to assist the individual in using an assistive device; to implement specialized, therapeutic interventions, or to adjust currently utilized support techniques